Saturday, May 22, 2010

Walla Walla Weekend

Brian and I headed over to Walla Walla for a little weekend trip recently. We wanted to take a trip over before the baby was born and his mom decided to throw us a little welcome home party/baby shower as well.

The weather was fantastic so we headed out on a drive through the wineries and stopped at one of our favorites for a little wine tasting (well minus me...I had a nice tastey cup of water). Brian even signed us up for the wine club so we have some delicious bottles just waiting for me after this little guy is born.

We spent some time with our good friends Gwen and Steve as well. We finally got to see their new house ... which is ADORABLE ... and we went to the dirt track to cheer Steve on while he raced BMX bikes. It was great to spend some time with them again, since we hadn't really seen them since the wedding.

On Saturday evening, everyone came over for the party and we had a great time catching up with old friends and I finally got to meet some people who are close with the Halls that I had yet to meet. We got some wonderful gifts as well, which is more than appreciated and definitely got us started on stocking up the nursery!

(If I get some pictures from Jan --- hint, hint --- I will post them here later)

On our drive back, we took the round-about way over White Pass and took in the scenery. We passed a few waterfalls and lakes and scouted out a couple campgrounds that I'm thinking we will have to go back and visit in the future.

All in all, it was a great weekend with the in-laws. Who knows when we will be able to make it back over next.

No comments:

Post a Comment