Thursday, June 3, 2010

It's all getting too real ...

So yesterday, Brian and my good friends Nate and Brenna Carlile's baby boy was born. This makes everything feel oh-so-real because Brenna's due date was two days before me! She delivered early, and from the sounds of it the little man is doing great.
But still ... that gave me one of those "holy crap I'm having a baby" moments. I mean ... I know I'm pregnant and going to have an "outside" baby one of these days, but her and I had gone through all the same things at the same time, so now that their boy is here I feel like I should get prepared because it's not out of the question for me to go into labor at any time.
I have prepared a birth plan (if nothing else but to help me grasp what type of experience I hope to have during labor and Brian to understand as well) and I really need to pack my hospital bag. Now I just need our little guy to stay put ... at least through the weekend since I will be at a cabin 2 hours from home with 20 crazy girls at a bachelorette party. The good thing is, two of them are nurses and one actually works in labor and delivery, so if something crazy does happen I will have a couple qualified helpers.
Here's hoping little man Hall stays comfy in my belly for a couple weeks longer ... even though he is TOTALLY running out of room.

No comments:

Post a Comment