Friday, January 8, 2010

The first three months

I was thinking I should probably backtrack a little and share some information about how the first three months of this pregnancy have gone, before I get to all the new and upcoming stuff.
I feel like I have been pretty lucky so far, with only slight nausea and fatigue for about three weeks. No throwing up or anything crazy, just had to eat about every two hours otherwise the hot flashes and sick feeling would hit. I can't complain though, I love to eat, and what better excuse?
My co-workers started looking at me funny, since they didn't know I was pregnant and started eating everything in sight and making frequent trips to Sonic for their junior breakfast burrito. It's not my fault there is one across the street from our office and they are only $1. But I HAD to get it with the hot sauce, because anything bold and spicy hits the spot.
Brian, or should I say our bank account, was most excited about my lack of desire for Starbucks anymore. I have always had a weakness for Sbux and sweets in general, and couldn't even stand the sight of a latte or cookie.
But let me tell you how much my mouth waters at the thought of sweet pickles! I feel like its a total cliche pregnancy craving, but when I saw the giant jar of sweet and spicy pickles at Costco, I HAD to have them and am eating them by the bowl full.
I think Brian was getting a little concerned by the mass quantities of food I was consuming and was prepared to see me blow up to the size of a blimp in a matter of days. Fortunately for us, that mighty appetite and nausea has subsided and I am down to only eating every 4 hours, plus maybe a little snack in between...but the sweet tooth is back with a vengeance.
Other than that, life has been going on like normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment