Tuesday, January 19, 2010

2010 is going to be 'bumpin'!

You are now reading the first of my weekly belly bump photos and pregnancy update posts. Here you will get to watch as my bump grows throughout the rest of my pregnancy and hear all about how I am feeling and new developments.

(Why do I feel so much bigger in person than I look in these pictures?)
How far along? 15 weeks
Maternity clothes? Not yet, but loving stretchy materials and long shirts
Stretch marks? Hoping to avoid these all together ... but need to invest in some cocoa body butter to keep the skin stretchy.
Sleep: Could be better. I'm going to need to break the habit of the dogs sleeping on the bed. They take up a lot of space.
Best moment this week: Finally feeling a true baby bump, not just the chub that has taken over my midsection. And the look on Brian's face when he felt it for the first time.
Movement: Nothing yet, but looking forward to it!
Food cravings: I love food, but nothing in particular ... just anything with a bold or spicy flavor.
Gender: Three more weeks until we find out!!!
Pregnancy symptoms: Last week I started having some severe headaches. I guess it's caused by the blood vessels expanding to accomodate all of this extra blood my body is making and water retention. Otherwise, I'm feeling good.
Labor Signs: Let's keep these away for oh, another 20 weeks or so.
Belly Button in or out? Ha ha! Was it ever either one? Still a cinnamon roll ... curious to see how it's going to change. (this might deserve a weekly post of its own.)
What I miss: This week I could have used a nice glass of red wine and a bubble bath (see pregnancy symptoms above). Both are not recommened ... but were really appealing when I had a killer headache.
What I am looking forward to: Actually looking pregnant. I feel like I have grown but everyone else says they can't even tell I am pregnant. I know I should appreciate this now, but I'm excited to have a belly I can show off.
Weekly Wisdom: hmm ...
Milestones: Made it through the first trimester without much trouble. Was able to avoid morning sickness or anything major. Embracing the second trimester and all the excitement that comes with it.





1 comment: