Tuesday, January 5, 2010

... and then there were three.

On November 7, I found out something that would change our lives forever. While Brian was out of town taking care of "business", I was left with this lingering feeling that there was some business of its own going on in my belly. Why I felt that way, I am not quite sure, but it turns out my instincts were correct and after peeing on quite the sophisticated little piece of equipment it was confirmed.
We are having a baby!
Holy crap we are having a baby. I can't describe all of the emotions that flooded through my body after the longest two minutes of my life. I wanted to call Brian immediately and share the news, but knew that I had to wait because for one, that kind of news shouldn't be shared over the phone, and for two, he didn't need any distraction during his trip.
And I wasn't quite sure how he would react. I mean, we had always talked about starting a family and knew that it would happen eventually, but was he ready? was I ready? All of the sudden all of these thoughts of life flashed through my head and I knew. I knew we could handle this, I knew we were as ready as we would ever be. Ya you can always say that you would like more money, a better job or a nicer home, but we have a great home, good jobs and are making a living so when it comes down to it, we are ready.
Holy crap we are having a baby! Even today, 13 weeks into the pregnancy, it still doesn't seem real. We have seen the little babe wiggle its arms and heard its heart beat at our first appointment at 9 weeks which made it a little more real. We will be going back in this week for another check-up and hopefully get to see the little babe again.
I have been anxiously waiting to share the news with the World Wide Web, and finally feel comfortable. So look forward to hearing all about this little thing growing from a poppy seed to a watermelon inside my belly. I can't wait to share it with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment