Friday, July 17, 2009

The sweltering heat

Today was the first day in 10 days that we haven't had atleast 100 degree heat here in Dallas. This was the 17th day of 100+ degree heat this year, which passes the number for last year, but not nearly close to the record of 60-something days with 100+ heat. Please tell me we won't get even close to that.
We actually got a little rain last night which helped to cool things down pretty quick. It's pretty crazy, when the rain comes, the temperature can drop 25 degrees in a matter of minutes.
I think Brian is especially happy that its cooling down a little because I keep the thermostat on about 84 degrees in the house, which surprisingly feels quite refreshing after being outside. It makes the nights a little uncomfortable, so it will be nice to have the coldfront for a few days (the news today reported a dip into the mid-90s! Woo!)
I think the dogs are hating the heat more than us, but luckily they have a nice kiddie pool to lounge in during the day, and Mack definitely takes advantage of it. I will have to get some pictures of it soon.
Some days while I am working, I will listen to KMPS radio in Seattle, and I love when the DJ says "today will be a hot day, reaching temps of 85 degrees." I would love to have a little milder weather to where we could actually enjoy the weather instead of hide from it.
We have been trying to stay indoors, stay hydrated and keep cool. Let's hope this summer passes without too many more extreme days and we get into the amazing fall weather that Texas has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment