Friday, July 24, 2009

Favorites Friday

I have decided to start a weekly post that I am so uncreatively calling "Favorites Friday". I will post a thing, or two, or ten of my favorite things that happened the previous week.

My favorite things about this past week are:

When I saw my phone ringing and that it’s my sister calling, but when I answered I heared this sweet little voice saying “Hi Jenny” and it’s my niece Kendall. She is starting to actually understand what I am asking her and when I asked her what she was doing, she responded with “cuddling with mommy”. Oh she just melts my heart.

The “cold front” that came through Texas this week. We finally didn’t break 100 degrees. It’s crazy how 85 degrees at 9 a.m. can feel so refreshing.

Getting a phone call at work from someone who read an article I put together about a local baseball coach fighting his battle with cancer, telling me how much it means to the community that we take the time to shine light on local people that have made a difference in the lives of so many. It’s calls like these that make my dead-end job a little enjoyable.

That's it for this week ... what's your favorite thing from this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment