Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Corbin's first bites!

Getting ready for his first bites of food!
Gimme that spoon ...
... See...I can feed myself mom! ...

... Yuck! That's not ice cream! ...

... Dad, are you gonna save me? I'm not too sure about this! ...

... okay, I guess I will give it another try.


Now that Corbin is 6 months old, we have gotten to start the journey of feeding him solids. Well...these foods are far from solids and much more like a liquidy, mushy mess. His first taste of anything other than milk was rice cereal, just to get him used to the idea of eating from a spoon and new tastes. The pictures tell it all ... he was less than thrilled at the idea. But after a little practice, and convincing, he has come around to the idea.
I've decided that I'm going to make all of Corbin's food (have you seen how long the store bought baby foods sit on the shelves?!?!) and have started with Sweet Potatoes and Peas. I've been told that it's best to start with simple veggies, as to not get him loving the sweet taste of fruits before learning to like the flavors of veggies. But since he is my son, I know he will prefer sweets to veggies no matter when I introduce them.
Right now these "meals" are to just help get his digestive system used to other foods and get him used to eating a variety of foods. He will still get the majority of his nurishment from breast milk until he is a year old.
I look forward to introducing him to all of these new flavors and hope to start shaping him into a healthy eater from the start ... then maybe he can teach his father and me a thing or two!


No comments:

Post a Comment