Wednesday, December 30, 2009

a quick catch-up

Life has been moving in all kinds of directions since I last updated on here. I will spare you all the extensive details and just offer a quick rundown of life the past 6 ½ weeks.
First, to follow-up to the squirrel post. After I wrote the post about it, I couldn’t sit around and wait for Brian to get home so I geared up with a plastic bag, big gloves and a bandana over my face and prepared for what was to come down the chimney when I opened the flue. Nothing. I dug around with the fireplace poker and found nothing, so I turned the fireplace on as high as it can go, and we haven’t had a problem since.
:::knocking on wood:::
Brian’s sister, Darcy, and her boyfriend, Brian, came to visit us over Halloween weekend. We showed Brian around town, walked around Dealey Plaza (Where JFK was shot), went and toured the new Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, and Darcy and boyfriend Brian went to San Antonio for the WSU game against Notre Dame.
Brian and I attended our first game at Cowboys Stadium. Let me tell you … that place is pretty impressive. I felt like I was underdressed the stadium was so fancy. If you ever get a chance to check it out, I highly suggest it.
We spent Thanksgiving in Texas again this year, and decided to stay home and cook our first Thanksgiving dinner all by ourselves. I was pretty impressed. Everything turned out quite tasty, and more importantly … we didn’t burn the house down.
Since Brian has been traveling a lot lately for the “business” we agreed to stay in Texas for Christmas this year. We took a trip up to Washington in December to visit with my family and celebrate the holidays while we were there. It was great to see everyone, and just have a weekend to relax with the family. Brian also had some business to take care of while we were there, and hopefully soon I can tell you all about it. We are waiting for some final details before we share that news.
The Hall family decided to come to Texas for Christmas since we weren’t coming home. It was nice to have some family around for the holiday, and I believe that is what kept me in good spirits. I have to say that it was weird to not wake up at Mom’s house on Christmas morning. Hopefully we will make it home for the holidays for many years from here on out.
During the Hall’s visit, we did a lot of shopping, and also went to the ICE exhibit at the Gaylord Texan on Christmas Eve. It was a great holiday experience. AND…while we were there, it was snowing like crazy outside and I got my white Christmas after all. I don’t think I even have to say how excited that made me.

That’s about all we have been doing, beside the regular grind of work and life. Now that you are all caught up on our life, I will be updating more frequently and hopefully, with more exciting news.

(I will add some pictures to this post soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment