Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"The hills are alive ...

... with the sound of music!"

At least any hill that I drive over is because, ladies and gentlemen, I have a stereo in my car again! I know, I know, its amazing isn't it? After our car got broken into on Nov. 5 2008 I have been driving in silence, well silence or me singing (which I don't wish on anyone to have to endure.) I decided that it is about time that I purchase a new face plate for the stereo since that is all that they stole. So I stopped by Car Toys where they told me the model number of my stereo and tried to sell me a replacement face plate for $110+tax. I told them thanks, but that I would have to talk to my husband first (always a great excuse to get out of sale pressure), took the model number and left.

I came home, got on the good ol' Google machine and found a face plate for $15 on Craigslist from a person just 20 miles away. Being my first purchase from Craigslist, I made Brian come with me to pick it up. We hopped in the car for one last drive sans music and in less than an hour my James Blunt CD was released from the CD player after a year of confinement and I was programming my favorite stations into my new-used fancy 1997 Pioneer face plate.

You are jealous, aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment